<

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Feel free to copy, there is no copyright on an Anoneumouse montage. (click on image to enlarge)

Renunciation of EU Citizenship

To the Foreign Secretary
cc. The Home Secretary


Sir,

RENUNCIATION OF CITIZENSHIP OF THE EUROPEAN UNION

I, ……………………………………. of ………………………………………………………..

Post Code ………………….. am a subject of the Crown to which I owe allegiance as a British Citizen, Passport Number: …………….………… This is my birthright to which I am entitled and no government may legally remove this without just cause.

I understand that every citizen of the member states of the EU is now classed as an ‘EU citizen’ (Maastricht Treaty of Union Article 8), but that EU citizenship is additional and will not replace my existing British citizenship. I further understand that EU citizens shall enjoy the rights of the EU and be subject to any duties imposed, although these do not exist at present. However there appears to be no guarantee that duties, perhaps contrary to my national or personal interests, will not be imposed in the future. I am not persuaded that rights, privileges and benefits claimed as advantageous to EU citizens are beneficial when they have so far proved largely illusory and often positively harmful and vexatious. Yet British taxpayers are expected to contribute billions per year to the EU and endure the constraints of a continuing flow of EU directives, some 40,000 since 1973. These adversely affect nearly every facet of our lives and I refuse to continue to accept imposition of direct or indirect EU taxes that affect me as a British citizen.

Furthermore as an EU citizen, I understand I may in future be required to owe allegiance primarily or wholly to the European Union instead of to the Crown. I can only be a citizen of one state. I owe allegiance to the British Crown and Constitution. I cannot be a citizen of the EU because it is not yet a state, nor can I owe allegiance to two sovereign entities.

I have therefore decided to renounce my so-called EU citizenship and exercise my right and choice to retain my British citizenship and passport, together with my freedom to associate or not to associate as adjudged by the European Court of Human Rights in 1981. (Young, James & Webster v. United Kingdom ECHR 1981)

I am not prepared to have EU citizenship foisted upon me against my will, without public consultation or consent, nor do I accept primacy of EU law or the imposition of an EU constitution over the British Constitution and rule of law. I refuse to accept the transfer of the United Kingdom’s sovereignty, the sovereignty of the people, to EU rule.

I therefore herewith formally renounce EU citizenship, its rights and duties, as set out by the Maastricht Treaty and/or by any other treaty or act purporting to impose EU citizenship upon me. I await your response.

I remain Sir,
Yours faithfully,



……………………………. Date: …………………
(Signed)

Witness: …………………………………………………………………
(Signature, Name, Address, Occupation)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares